Wednesday, August 20, 2008
First Wednesday of each month
7 - 10 pm
99 Factory Street
(next to intersection of Pine Street & Clocktower Place)
$8 via Paypal (please see yellow button in the right-hand menu column)
$7 "cash in the hat" on the night of the jam ($1 less because of no PayPal fees for us)
We welcome audience members! Settle in with your thermos of coffee, a book, your knitting, what have you. We have plenty of chairs.
We welcome, but do not require, donations from jam session audience members.
We'll start at 7 with some blues tunes. We can move into jazz tunes (swing, latin, funk) as the evening progresses! We've got charts.
* real/fake books, if you have 'em
* multiple copies of any charts you'd like to work on which aren't in the real/fake book
* your own snacks, water (please pack out what you pack in!)
* guitarists and bassists: please bring amps and sound cords
Elise (the event organizer) can fill in on keyboard, bass, or flute, depending on what kind of instrumentation we end up with.
* a Roland digital stage piano
* a Carvin keyboard amp (also good for guitar) with two inputs
* a drumset (drummers, please bring your own cymbals and hi-hat)
* plenty of music stands
* plenty of chairs
* a freight elevator, so you don't have to lug any heavy gear up any stairs...
A strong emphasis on the Studio as a respectful space for music --- a "listening room" --- is central to the goals for our jam sessions. Any type of music which involves improvisation also involves taking risks on the part of each musician, so respect is an important element here.
All of our events are age 14+ and are smoke-free and alcohol-free.
See the right-hand menu for links to maps, directions, etc.
Call Elise at (603) 562-5179 with any questions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP, or better yet, click on our Meetup or Facebook icons and join us there.